Puppet and Chef programming are the two most valued technology skillsets in today’s job market. Many companies are looking for hiring skilled resources who know either puppet or chef. Both of these fall under the domain of desired state configuration management. Conceptually they are both very similar although syntaxes are quite different. Puppet is the leader in this domain but chef is also a formidable challenger gaining more and more footprint everyday. For anyone starting serious career in devops, need to learn atleast one of the two. But even then, the market coverage will be only half with only one tool’s knowledge. Since the concepts are similar, it is better to learn both together and instead cover whole of the market for these two technologies. Hence this course is a combined approach to cover both the courses to the extent adequate enough to get a good starting profile job in the devops market.
Contact: +919731012185/ For USA: +1 408 556-9065
Online Self Paced Training (SPT) with Videos and Documents – INR 5000
Online Instructor Led Live Classroom Training – INR 20000
About the Training Provider:
Study9 provides online training on IT topics by experienced college faculties and industry trainers. The courses taught in Study9 are carefully chosen keeping the current job market in mind. These courses enable a person with necessary skills needed to get a job in the competitive IT industry.
What are the online training mode options available?
- Online Self Paced Training (SPT) with Videos and Documents
- Online Instructor Led Training (ILT)
Puppet/Chef Course Syllabus
- The fundamental component roles that make up Puppet Enterprise (and Puppet Open Source).
- The core concepts for the Puppet DSL, including:
- Modules and Classes
- Language Constructs
- Separating logic from presentation by using Templates.
- Modeling repeatable portions of your configuration by using Defined Resource Types.
- Building a foundation for building more complex configurations by using Advanced Classes:
- Parameterized Classes
- Introduction to Inheritance
- Introduction to Data Separation using Hiera
- Revisiting Classification using parameterized classes & ADB
- An introduction to using modules from the Puppet Forge and Supported Modules.
- A brief introduction to the Roles and Profiles design pattern.
- Creating own module using Puppet
- Overview of Chef
- Workstation Setup
- Node Setup
- Dissecting your first Chef run
- Introducing the Node object
- Chef Resources and Recipes
- Attributes, Templates, and Cookbook Dependencies
- Template Variables, Notifications, and Controlling Idempotency
- Recipe Inclusion, Data Bags, and Search Roles
- Using Community Cookbooks
- Writing own cookbook
Puppet/Chef Course Duration
- Regular classes – 3 weeks
- Weekend Classes – 5 weeks
- Customized Fast Track option is available as well.
About our Puppet/Chef Trainers
Our trainers for the Puppet/Chef courses are
- Experienced IT professionals
- Having hands on practical knowledge
- With experience of training large batches in both offline and online mode
Study9 team will help the students with
- Resume Preparation
- Mock interviews
- Job opportunity leads and suggestions
Related Training Courses
- CfEngine Automation
- Ansible Automation
- DevOps through automated CI/CD
After completion of this course you can further advance your career by completing the next courses as suggested below:
- Puppet Masters Advanced Course
- Master Chef Advanced Course